Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, January 11, 2016

Here is the story of my "Sit + Store" unit:

The idea was to form a sitting and storage area as simple as possible without adding any layer or useless ornaments. In order to keep the furniture piece as plain as possible I worked with paper and the form came up from foldings and cuts of one plain infinite surface. I benefit from the cubic forms of origami and created a storage area as a shelf right behind the chair. The transparent material choice emphasizes on the pure statement of the design. The smooth texture of the fiber-glass plastic as a material choice expose the fluidity of the unit. Due to its simplicity, I think this unit can fit anywhere perfectly; school library, museums, kids room, hotel lobby, waiting rooms… Below, you will find my design process from the end till the initial concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment